Boelter is the leading source of the most dynamic and eye-catching tap handles in the market. Now made exclusively in the USA, our ceramic Chrislan custom beer taps are synonymous with superior quality, craftsmanship, and durability.
When a customer scans the beer taps at a bar, you have about 15 seconds to catch their attention. Our bold, beautiful ceramic tap handles promise a quality experience.
Custom Tap Handles
As your brand partner, Boelter works with you to find the right custom tap handle for your brand and budget.
Why Choose Ceramic Beer Taps?
Ceramic is the premium tap handle material for the beverage industry because of its combination of durability and aesthetics. Ceramic beer tappers have presence and grace that catch customers’ eyes from all the way across the room.
With our range of house tap handle shapes and our in-house custom design team, you can get the right beer taps for your brand. Our patented manufacturing process creates maximum durability and strength so your custom tap handles will look amazing pour after pour.
- Can be decorated using spot colors and screen printed decals, or digitally printed using a 4-color process.
- Inks are fired on for greater durability.
- Real gold and silver decor can only be adhered to ceramic, creating a unique design opportunity.
House Tap Handle Shapes
We have a wide range of house tap handle shapes always in stock. Just mix and match the features you want (shape, finial, and/or ferrule) and approve the artwork. Order minimums start at (25) pieces.
Custom Beer Tap Handles
Got something in mind that's not in a house beer tapper shape? As your brand partner, Boelter will work with you to design and produce a custom tap handle shape—from the mold up—that is just right for your brand. Order minimums for our custom tap handle molds begin at (100) pieces.
Check out our top five tips for designing a custom tap handle.
Quick Turn Tap Handle Program
Need custom tap handles fast? Our Quick Turn program uses industry-leading digital printing technology to print vibrant, high-detail designs on the beer tapper of your choice.
Choose from our selection of in stock tap handles and your order of (5) beer taps or more will ship within 7 days of art approval.
Explore your choices of QuickTurn tap handles.
Tap Handle Options for Any Concept or Budget
Our customizable tap handle options give you more creative control while also holding advantages for small orders or limited run labels.
- Interchangeable Pucks — Swap out the top of the tap handle with new brands or seasonal designs.
- 3M Sticker Program — Residue-free decals that can be removed and replaced as often as you change the line.
- Chalkboard finish — A unique look that also allows you to write the beer or cider style right on the puck.
In-House Custom Tap Handle Designers
Don't worry if you don't have a design or any artwork—Boelter’s in-house art department is at your service. We will take you through a proven process to design a custom beer tap that suits the look and feel of your brand.
Best of all: Boelter’s art design service is included for all custom tap handle orders!
The process is simple:
1) Our art department works with you to design the tap handle shape and artwork that best compliments your visual brand.
2) We take you (quickly) through several stages of art approval, including a 2D mockup, a 3D image file, and a 3D-printed prototype.
3) We start producing tap handles and ship them to you within 5 to 6 weeks.
Beer Tap Handle Design Basics
Our artists consider many factors, but you can expect us to hold to certain tap handle design fundamentals:
Make the style clear
Don't make the customer work too hard to read the beer tapper and figure out what kind of beer they're ordering.
Establish a consistent brand
The customer should always be able to look at your custom tap handle and know they're ordering your beer.
Be legible from a distance
Tap handles should stand out like the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel Tower to get customers' attention.
Use contrasting colors
This isn't the time for subtlety! People can read contrasting colors on custom beer taps more easily than similar ones.
Choose a unique or custom shape
A unique tap handle can become as iconic as the rest of your brand.
Learn more in our tap handle product perspective blog article.